[QuadList] (was Quad Vs Type C) now Wayne Parsons (kinda OT)

Bob Campbell bobcampbellquad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:32:47 CST 2010

Wow,

Haven't thought about ADO's in a while.
I used a very special ADO that had been modified to take, I believe,
RGB as an input.
This was attached to a Bosch FDL 60 telecine in Chicago in 1985. It
was a needed so we could compete against the Ranks 3C that had the
ability to reposition the scan on the tube to adjust picture
positioning.
Kept me in the ball game with clients and held up pretty well as far
as picture quality was concerned. Had better programing than the
Ranks' zoom controls. Made the tape editors crazy cause I could zoom
farther with the RGB input off the film. If I remember we were able to
get almost the full 35mm frame and had to blow up slightly to get to
normal framing.

I was interviewed back then for a write up on the modification for
telecine use. Can't recall what the publication was. Have to see if I
have it somewhere.

I know now who to thank.

Bob Campbell
Colorist