[QuadList] 1" Machine glue (now VPR-3)

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Tue Feb 2 05:44:26 CST 2010

I suspect the VPR-3 will, in retrospect, be the last piece of video gear
built that was (is) truly a joy to watch in operation.  Watching  hard
drives just isn't the same.
And a delight to the touch....a tape recorder with such an incredible
tactile feel....approaching that of an ADO.
A true work of art.  Thanks, Bill!
Guy

Scott Thomas wrote:

> I remember very fondly the VPR-3 demo tape that Ampex sent out. What
> an amazing machine. I got to see them in operation at WCPX in Orlando
> when I worked there. I missed their ACR-25, but they did have an
> ACR-225 when I was there.
>
> Scott Thomas
>

> On Feb 2, 2010, at 1:37 AM, Bill Carpenter wrote:
>

>> In the early 70's, I was the product manager, for all the Quad's
>> except the AVR-1 and ACR-25, and introduced the AVR-2. By 1980, I had
>> the VPR-20, the portable 1" machine and in 83, I introduced the best
>> helical scan machine ever built, the VPR-3, so it's just progress,
>> and making everything better!
>>
>> Bill Carpenter

>> **

Guy Spiller