[QuadList] 1" Machine glue

rjr at optonline.net rjr at optonline.net
Tue Feb 2 17:43:10 CST 2010

In my experience the problems in record had to do with un-equal frequency response in the record amp module.
I built a fixture to use with the amp on the bench connecting 1 channel at a time to a spectrum analyzer and running a sweep through it
 and matching the response per channel .  I can't remember where I got the spec sheet from but possibly from the TechAlert guys.
These recorings were very good. But not all the amps could match the spec without component trial and.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  error.

Some of the 11 TCRs at nbcny had dual deck record. I think that they could do sequential recordings. But I can't swear to it.

 I went to the TCR seminar in camden in 82 or 83 and they had some show recorded on 20 or so carts spanned.
Phil Shaw would remember better than me ...