[QuadList] TCR-100 (was 1" Machine glue)

sgw1009 sgw1009 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 3 09:25:15 CST 2010

Hi Don,

RCA had a rather ingenious way of threading the tape into the guide on a
TCR100.  As the tape was ready to go into the guide, they spun the head very
briefly which aided in properly seating the tape. This was quickly followed
by a short burst of the electronic brake, which provided backspin on the
head just enough to make it stop.  I had a machine that started
mis-threading on a regular basis.  Turned out the electronic brake was being
activated too long and kicking the tape back out of the guide.  Had to
videotape the process then analyze it in slow motion to figure that one out.

Steve Walton

  _____