[QuadList] TCR-100

kylebook at aol.com kylebook at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 18:37:40 CST 2010

Ironically, the TCR-100 at WGGB in Springfield, MA was ALSO was nicknamed "Fred" by the ops & engineering staff.   Must have been a regional thing...  ;-)

They only had one, though, which made life interesting for us tape ops.  For news broadcasts (the station's ad bread & butter), we simultaneously rolled "comp" reels on another TR-70 with all the spots, usually made from the TCR during network time earlier in the evenings & afternoons.  Otherwise, if "Fred" took a siesta, the backup was PSAs on 8mm projectors, the wrath of the traffic & sales departments, and heavily handwritten & Post-it note copies in the daily log.

- Kyle Bookholz