[QuadList] Blanking Issues

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 16:20:45 CST 2010

Park

It just confirms to me how bad and sloppy the operations were in the
broadcast industry.  I went back to station operations and was so  amazed at how
little beyond button pushing many of the operators  understood.  It was just
terrible.  Then the other thing was that so  many of the people thought
they were the greatest thing to come along.  And  wanted the pay to go with it.
 I could see the handwriting on the wall for  these folks.  Robotic
cameras, better technology to bring the quality up  and lower the brain quotient
required.  New technology that got around  archaic union rules that prevented
better work.

The old days of having to understand what a signal was and how to adjust
things no longer apply.  FCC licenses are not required.  It all dumbed  down
the lowest common denominator and thus we saw the results.

Sorry to get on soap box but some times have to say things.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN