[QuadList] Blanking Issues

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 17:31:49 CST 2010

Chris, you got that right.  It was a slap in the face to loose that FCC license and get that useless GRL, now CBS is looking for people who know how to maintain transmitters. The only FCC stuff I have is my Commercial Radio Telegraph License, and nobody is using manual Morse any more and Ham ticket.

One of my nasty little "digs", when an op or vo or someone was putting on an act, especially with management around, I would just look at their WFM and just say "I don't See Subcarrier In Your Video" and leave. Nobody ever caught on to that one. Sometimes they would reach for the SC Phase crank or something.  The only guys who seemed to understand how the NTSC system worked (Well) were the hams, for obvious reasons.  Sometimes when air or something important  was not going on, that would cause a small panic.

Actually, it is unbelievable how difficult it is to renew the Radio Telegraph License.  The forms the Go'vt has put out are impossible to understand.  My wife is an MBA and she had a hard time with it. They also want $60.00 for it. Just went thru the same BS trying to obtain a Passport Card, even with a Passport Book.

73,

George Keller