[QuadList] Blanking Issues

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Sun Feb 7 05:38:42 CST 2010

I did once try moving the missing band of picture from an Ampex 7800 format
machine into the vertical blanking

The problem was servo and transport stability and interchange
If it gets into the broads you will have an un playable tape

The early Umatic as pointed out was only an eddy current brake servo
Would you take the risk

Yes I had a bigger missing band form single head omega wrap
As opposed to twin head omega

But I had an servo driven drum, but V locked is not good enough

Trevor
UK Member