[QuadList] VPR5

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 17:23:46 CST 2010

we are looking  to buy a vpr 5  for the museum and  would  love to have the
 micky mouse ears that  expand the reel capacity  also.

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

We are always looking for  items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library - please advise if you  have

In a message dated 2/7/2010 3:24:01 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
tony at tqvideo.co.uk writes:

In  message <E14246FD82E64D81ABE1E5D6FF7569DE at UserPC>, Peter Ford
<pford at clear.net.nz> writes
>Hi  Trevor
>
>The VPR5 was a very unusual machine.   Apparently Ampex engaged Willy
>Studer to design the  Transport.  The Studer company (Factories in
>Germany and  Switzerland) used to make very well engineered Studer
>professional  audio recorders plus domestic audio recorders under  the
>name Revox.

You mean Kudelski - Nothing out of Studer comes  close to a Nagra.
--
If one person has delusions, we call them  psychotic. If, however, 1.5
billion

Please trim  posts to relevant info when replying!
Send QuadList list posts to  QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com
Your subscribe, unsubscribe and digest  options are  here:
oup.com