[QuadList] Helical, Quads

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Tue Feb 9 04:58:00 CST 2010

VR 660

Keep seeing references to this machine, I assume it's the two inch helical
with two heads

Fixed drum rotating heads through a slot machine with

nice Joysticks, Drop out comp was an external unit

Took 7 seconds to cycle out of long insert edit

If so it was VR650 in the UK

Changing a head was fun you had to track it up on the wrong head to see the
errors when the new head was not 180 degrees from the other

Tweak and re check

I was only in education TV then, we had two, but one of the UK Broadcast
companies had one

and a guy rang up one day to say he had taken the band off to retrieve a Q
tip how do you put it back

I thought it was windup nobody would unscrew the hex screws that held the
band would they

Well apparently yes I think it had to go somewhere like Germany to get put
back together again

He never rang again

Trevor

UK member