[QuadList] "HDTV Tuners"

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Thu Feb 11 00:09:16 CST 2010

One I cannot recommend is the "ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB". You will see these for sale cheap on the internets.
It works and Is PC only. I would have to spend around $70 on software to make it work on the Mac, but that's not why I'm not recommending it.

I can't find specific information on which frequencies this thing will tune. No matter what I do, I cannot tune in our own VHF digital channel 9 of WINK-TV. There are some chipsets that will not tune the VHF band for ATSC. I need to take this into the station and hook it up to the big outdoor antenna. None of improvised creations seem to work.

What would be the optimum antenna length for VHF Channel 9?