[QuadList] Early CMX Documentation

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 20 20:27:37 CST 2010

		On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Don Norwood wrote:

 > I don't know how rare or how common the existence of these documents
may be.  Have any of these systems been preserved?  I'd like to find
the most effective way to ensure that this information is not lost.
Perhaps the folks at Woonsocket would be a good repository?  Ideas,
suggestions or comments?

		I offer:

	Comment:  When I first worked at NBC in New York in 1978, there was
exactly ONE CMX 300 on the tape floor.  It was the first CMX I had ever
seen.  Unfortunately, I took no pictures of it (how stupid of me).  But
I did get a shot of two of the four TR-70C VTRs assigned to that
editing room:
				<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515355305/>
	Since then, I've edited many sessions on CMX, leading up to the CMX
3600 systems at Unitel Video in New York.  The last one I edited on was
at YES Network (the Yankees Baseball Network) in their original
facility that previously was Manhattan Transfer/Edit.  That was in
2003.  I believe the 3600 also used a DEC PDP-11.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York