[QuadList] Splicers

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 12:07:32 CST 2010

Hi Guys,

I see there some "old Time Splicers" still around.  Just curious, what kind of splicers did you use??  Who made them?

At CBS the splicers were made by CBS in the machine shop.  They were beautifully made.  They did the trick, even had the tape cutter at the precise angle.  Unfortunately they have all disappeared, (before I had a chance to nail one).  They were used with "Edivue Solution" which was freon and fine oxide dust which "Developed" the tape so as to expose the frame pulses.  Some of the guys were pretty good at splicing, I don't remember seeing any bad splices, although they were just about a thing of the past when I started in tape.

73,

George Keller