[QuadList] AVR-1 Info - IR LEDS

Dale Lamm dlamm1 at neo.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 03:56:56 CST 2010

[snip]

I recalled that most digital cameras are sensitive to IR, so I brought my digital camera in and sure enuf there were the little lights, all lit up.  A couple days later I found the problem was in the Power Supply feeding the "Servo Preamp".

[end]

A few years ago I was playing with an early consumer camcorder (VHS-C) with an integrated "chip camera". One of the kids aimed an infrared TV remote control at it and pushed a button. In the viewfinder, I could see the IR LED blinking. Don't know if more modern camcorders got around to including IR filters. Made an easy way to tell if a remote control was dead or alive, though.

Does anyone else remember the joy of color balancing a camera with extended red XQ-1020 Plumbicons that did NOT have the IR filter?