[QuadList] Toluene

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Fri Jan 15 13:54:37 CST 2010

I kind of remember being told that at the Ampex tape plant about 100 years or so ago, or was told that somewhere along the line. That's one reason I tried the rubber cement thinner in the first place.  And everything seemed to fall in place.

I appreciate the chemical info, but not based in chemestry it won't help much.  I wonder just what all the freon will do to you, CBS used about 5 gal every couple weeks.

I was very careful when using toluene around plastics, especially the tape cassettes, I experimented a good bit. It didn't seem to hurt it at all.  There may be some plastics which it will damage.

I have always been affraid of MEK, have been told many times, including by the Navy which banned it many years ago.

Mny Tnx for the input.

George