[QuadList] wiped clean, the erasure of australias cultural history

James Paterson james at oldtvgear.com
Sun Jan 24 18:52:51 CST 2010

Hello All,

since it relates to videotape etc, i thought you would be interested in a documentary thats currently in production focussing on the erasure or otherwise loss of material from australian television over the years.
I was interviewed on camera for this last week and it promises to be a very interesting look at why things were lost...but rather than placing the blame...looking at what needs to be done right now to recover what may still be left before its too late!

you can follow the progress of the production at this facebook page:
'Wiped Clean: The Erasure Of Australia's Cultural History
  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=265814743873

we welcome any new members and discussions to that page, its becoming increasingly apparent how important even groups like this one are in keeping the knowledge and info about the older videotape technology alive, as its not only the material thats being lost, the knowledge is as well...and once thats gone...what hope do we have?

James