[QuadList] Cap Disc

georgenann at aol.com georgenann at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 11:30:45 CST 2010

Yes Trevor, I must have passed a brainstone earlier, in rec even under servo/tach control the dia of the cap is a factor.  Tnx fer the wakeup.

Also if I remember correctly, at least with the Ampex machines the cap actualy freeruns momentarily in an assemble edit.  Also I think this is the reason that at least at CBS insert edits were never used, always used insert edits.  I think this stigma has stuck around for some time, even though insert edits are now OK with the newer machines.

Where are you in the UK?  Was there a while back, the wife took a spill and busted a bone in her hip and she was in the hosp. for couple weeks in London.  I couldn't believe the care she received there, it was terrific.  She was in St. Mary's at Paddington. (She screwed up a couple great cruises).  She is OK, verticle walking OK with cane for time being for bal.  Will be back soon.

Tnx Agn,

George Keller