[QuadList] 'Laugh-In': where are they now? (was "Laugh-In (was "Assemble edits vs Insert edits")")

James Snyder snyder at dtvexpress.net
Fri Jan 29 01:55:16 CST 2010

I am pleased to report that the majority of the 'Laugh-In' master
tapes from NBC Burbank are in our collection at the Library of
Congress.  We are really looking forward to migrating them, probably
sometime this year for the first few test episodes.  Our quad
migration area is just now being prepared to be brought online, and
we've got plenty of favorite programs we want to try out!

We don't yet know if we have the original edit masters (with splices)
or the edited dub masters (the tapes that could be played to air
after dubbing from the edit masters.  I'm really hoping we don't have
to deal with 40 year+ splices.  Yuck.

BTW: George Schlatter was the producer.

Thanks for the great stories!  We'll probably have follow up chats
with folks as we start the migration process.

Stay tuned!

James
------
James Snyder
Senior Systems Administrator
Library of Congress -
   National Audio Visual Conservation Center (NAVCC)
Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation
Culpeper, VA