[QuadList] Electronic Editing Notes

dcfwtx at aol.com dcfwtx at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 10:32:09 CST 2010

Guy,

An editor back then had to have some engineering background to get through a session. Our classification at the network was "engineer" although exact job functions varied. If you are in a 2" edit bay, usually with an assist editor (also an engineer), you had to decipher each and every technical issue immediately, unless it was a maintenance problem. "Was this a bad edit because of button pushing or is the machine in trouble?". One way to get engineering maintenance on your bad side was to call them in from the shop only to find out you personally made an operational error.

I'd say my concentration was split 50/50 between creative input and engineering issues on each 2" edit session. 1" type C lessened that to perhaps 75/25.

David