[QuadList] QuadList: Happy Second Birthday (two days late...)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jul 27 23:09:38 CDT 2010

Greetings from Culpeper, Virginia.

It's been quiet on the list, lately... don't know if people are all
talked out or just busy, which can be good.

Being in the hospital while trying to get a shipment freed from
customs and delivered to an important client does tend to make one
overlook things like QuadList Second Anniversaries and such.

The QuadList marked the end of its second full year on Sunday, with
105 members receiving posts and four unsubscribes.

Among our newer members:

Tomislav F. Marjanovic, former Ampex factory engineer and currently
Consulting in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Mike Bitetti, longtime Quad, Telecine and daVinci trained engineer in
Savannah, Georgia
Bruce Hancock
John Fletcher
Rick Wold
are among our most recent additions.

We have members in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand,
China and now Germany.

Several folks subscribed with only their e-mail addresses.  We'd like
you to add your names, please and pipe up from time to time.

When you subscribe, it cool to introduce yourself in a post, as Ryan
Schweitzer did this weekend.  You may find that others you know are
already here and will say hello on-line or directly.

----

If you've been working on some interesting Quad transfer projects,
Quad restorations, need some help with a  balky machine, or have some
tips to offer from your experience, please feel free to share.

That's why the group is here: To share about The Recorders, Recording,
Playback, Maintenance, Equipment Design and Tape Preservation and the
Preservation of Knowledge about these subjects so that knowledge can
be used by new people today or years from now to preserve the content
contained on Quad tapes.

----

I'm wondering whether folks would be interested in a weekly
"classifieds" list?  It could be for items you need or want to sell,
jobs available or sought, manuals available or needed, for example.

If so, e-mail me ted at quadvideotapegroup.com and put "Classified item--
for sale" etc. in the subject line.  I'll compile them and try to be
regular about posting them on Saturday or Sunday each week.

Be descriptive. A photo or two can be included.  Make sure your
contact information and location is included so people don't call you
at 3 a.m. when its afternoon in their part of the world.

Happy Birthday!