[QuadList] Dave Corbitt to retire--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Jul 29 20:17:56 CDT 2010

After sculpting many post production suites, long-time Post
Production, Quad and Telecine engineer Dave Corbitt is retiring at the
end of the week. (Officially Aug. 1, according to our friend Rob
Linglebach on the Telecine Internet Group list).

His long career began in 1974 wrangling Ampex and RCA Quads, early
telecine gear and building what wasn't available off the shelf for
Telectronics International. Dave became the Eastern US Service Manager
for Rank Cintel in 1980.

R&D at Tape House Editorial, Director of Telecine Engineering at
Manhattan Transfer/Edit, Engineering and sales support for ITK, and
then Thomas Electronics led back to the post world as CE of Post Logic
Studios in New York City. Since then, he's managed sales for
FrontNICHE's LCD monitor line, and since 2007 has been at HBO Studios
in NYC helping turn SD facilities into HD through design and
coordination of the constructionm manual writing and staff training.

Outside of work, Dave's learned how to "pound a good sandpile," and
has created some amazing sand sculptures like this one:
http://home.comcast.net/~dcorbitt77/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2028905.html

We hope he decides to write a book about his experiences. It should be
a fun read.

Congratulations, Dave.