[QuadList] Ampex HS-100 C version

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 2 19:39:00 CDT 2010

It's been a bit quiet on the list lately, so I thought it might be a good
time to post something new.

Somewhere along the way, I missed (or forgot!) that Ampex made a C version
of the HS-100.  The HS-100C is very different from the HS-100 & 100B.  It
seems the electronics were largely borrowed from the AVR-2 and it had a
digital TBC.  I've added a copy of the literature here:

http://www.digitrakcom.com/page8.html

The publication date of this is March '76, so it was probably soon
supplanted by 1".  I wonder if many were sold?  Anybody ever have or use
one?

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com