[QuadList] Olde Ampex Trainer

Bill Carpenter wcarpen107 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 14:35:25 CDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I am trying to remember the name of an old Ampex RWC training person.
I met him at NAB in 67, in Chicago. In 1968, he was involved with an Ampex Demo bus which was at NAEB in Washington, DC. When I moved to California, in 71, he was a trainer, and he traught AVR-2 classes in 74. I also know that he went to Australia in the early 70's on the Color upgrade program.
A big, sorta gruff guy, (think, drill sargent ), very technically knowledgeable, hands on type, and I think he last lived in Florida. I remember that his wife worked in Ampex Instrumentation Group.
If any one can remember his name, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. Thank You, Bill Carpenter