[QuadList] looking for Type C to DVCam in Europe

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Wed Jun 16 17:13:38 CDT 2010

Type "C" is composite and only has the resolution of 4:1:1. The chroma channels are 1.5 and .5 MHz (on a good day).

"In the NTSC system, if the luma is sampled at 13.5 MHz, then this means that the Cr and Cb signals will each be sampled at 3.375 MHz, which corresponds to a maximum Nyquist bandwidth of 1.6875 MHz, whereas traditional "high-end broadcast analog NTSC encoder" would have a Nyquist bandwidth of 1.5 MHz and 0.5 MHz for the I/Q channels"

I think DVCAM has more capacity than the 1" has to output. It's the high compression ratio that is the problem, only 25 MB/sec.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
2" Quad and 1" "C" transfers