[QuadList] 1970 was an important year for tape dubbing and VTR intros

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Mar 11 07:08:23 CST 2010

To go with Mark's post, I started looking for photos of the ADR-150, I
discovered a link that shows 1970 was a very busy year for
introduction of video recorders, at least according to:
http://www.terramedia.co.uk/Chronomedia/years/1970.htm

The largest machines are likely the Ampex AVR-1 and the Ampex ADR-150
Quad high speed contact printer introed in April (NAB, I'd think...)
and the ACR-25 Quad cart machine (Nov.)

Small machines included ones from JVC, Panasonic, Philips, AVCO's
Cartrivision, and the Ampex-Toshiba Instavision cartridge recorder.

IVC also introed the 4101 TBC.

Memorex announced a thermal videotape duplication method and DuPont
outlined a "thermo-remnant" process for duping Chromium DiOxide video
tapes at high speed.

Ted.