[QuadList] Ampex High Speed Dubber

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Wed Mar 10 08:25:41 CST 2010

We got Byron's AVR-1 machines at PBS when they closed down in the late
70's and it blew everyone's mind when one of them ran backwards!  Once
we figured out it was the master machine from the duplicator system it
made sense.  I can't remember if we restored it to normal or just used
it for parts.

Bill Spencer

RF Engineering Supervisor

NorthStar Studios, Inc.

3201 Dickerson Pike

Nashville, TN 37207

Phone 615.650.6000 ext. 6610

Cell 615.445.5616

Fax 615.650.6027

email bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE/HIPAA PRIVACY RULE: This message may contain
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to act on behalf of the intended recipient) of this message,
please do not disclose, forward, distribute, copy, or use this message
or its contents. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original
message from your e-mail system. Thank you.