[QuadList] 20 Minutes into the future.....MMMMaaax's camera? Curious... has anyone ID'ed wh

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 02:03:43 CDT 2010

Do you have any screen captures of the camera? I can't seem to find a clear enough photo in Google Images.

A modern day version of the Edison Carter rig is on display here.
The gentleman on the left is Leo Laporte of http://twit.tv
The rig is a camera and light on a monopod, connected to a 20 pound backpack with a computer.
The computer has six wireless broadband modems that are "bonded" together.
The modems are from three separate providers, (AT&T, Verizon and Sprint) two of each.

With the rig, Leo was able to "broadcast" live coverage of the South by Southwest (SXSW) event, over the past few days.
The picture here is from his appearance on the http:.//revision3.com event called DiggNation.

Totally off topic from Quads, but this kind of shows you where the technology is headed.

Scott Thomas