[QuadList] New Books Available

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu May 6 15:18:49 CDT 2010

For any German subscribers or others fluent in the language, there are several new publications available regarding magnetic recording and videotape.  The publisher's site is below:
http://www.polzer.org/Polzer%20Media%20Group%20GmbH.html

The book "Zeitschichten" (a chronology of the development of magnetic tape recording) includes information on videotape recorders and page 494 features several different photographs of machines including my own VR-3000.  I made no other contributions to the book other than the photograph, so I hope that the text is accurate, but there are no plans to publish the work in english, so I may never know!  However, the books appear to have a great deal of information about the European machines and should help to preserve the technological history of our industry.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com