[QuadList] Ampex AST heads and CMC DPT heads--what's different?

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sat May 8 20:13:33 CDT 2010

Hey Tim,

Ditto what Don said. (Thanks!)  I'd be curious to know what differences
—if any—one would be able to observe in the signal, both visually and
with test gear.

Since Sony was a third party in the "follow the track with a
vertically moveable head" game, how does Sony's Dynamic Tracking head
differ, and are there differences with other 1" recorder maker's ways
of doing the same thing... IE Hitachi, NEC, etc.

Ted.

Must be lack of sleep, but this discussion has me thinking that the
concept behind DPT might help some drivers with their parallel parking!

Ted