[QuadList] Ampex AST heads and CMC DPT heads--what's

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Thu May 13 08:47:04 CDT 2010

In message <8CCBE0B5B192A10-28F4-B6DD at webmail-m102.sysops.aol.com>,
rabruner at aol.com writes
>Yes that's right. Half the voodoo in setting up the AST servo is
>adjusting the gain and damping on the loop.

Wasn't it just? There was one particular variant, I think that it might
have been the -08, that was incredibly sensitive. We kept one of those
heads, which was otherwise life-expired, for the express purpose of
setting up the servos. If that was stable, we knew that we could drop
just about any other head in with no adjustments.
--
If one person has delusions, we call them psychotic. If, however, 1.5 billion
people have delusions we must apparently call them a religious group, and