[QuadList] The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

couryhouse at aol.com couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 22:19:50 CST 2010

thanks for the link!  cool!

Ed#

-----Original Message-----
From: kylebook at aol.com
To: quadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sent: Tue, Nov 16, 2010 9:12 pm
Subject: Re: [QuadList] The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

And here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/the-beatles/concert/

-----Original Message-----
From: David Crosthwait <david at dcvideo.com>
To: Quad List <quadlist at quadvideotapegroup.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 16, 2010 10:09 pm

It's good to see that the Washington Concert has been finally released. The one and only 2" original was reproduced here at DC Video in 1996 by myself with Apple film archivist Ron Furmanek & transferred to D2. Ron had recently found and acquired it at the time for Apple. The 2" tape had three segments, all physically spliced together. The first was Lesley Gore, the second was The Beach Boys, and the third was The Beatles. The first two segments were chosen to be recorded at NBC Burbank because of it's color capability. The Beatles was recorded on location. The Beatles was supposed to have been a color remote, but at the last moment, that was shelved because of problems with the new hand held color cameras. This production was meant for closed circuit distribution only. It has not been seen in it's entirety on videotape since.

The tape played well, with only one head clog, which we retransferred. The audio was distorted on The Beatles performance.

The original tape was found by Ron Furmanek after a lengthy search. Much credit is deserved by Ron for the additional information provided about this program and for his efforts with this and other Beatles projects.

I've held off commenting further about this tape for months as per a request from those involved. I have since been granted a request for this post.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)