[QuadList] Happy Anniversary--CBS Uses Quad to Time Zone Delay Douglas Edwards' Evening Newscast

george keller georgenann at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 14:45:01 CST 2010

Hey Ted,

How far did they have to space the machines to get a 3 hour delay??? Just kidding of course, but we did a 7 second delay at CBS years ago with two 2000's and some rollers and springs and the machines were almost in place but we had to adjust them with a "Johnson Bar".  I should have taken a foto.

Later on we used a Betacart with someone's off the wall software to provide the 2 and 3 hour delays for the network.  I think Sony raised Hell about using the software, but something was worked out between them and CBS, I only heard about that through scuttlebut.

George Keller