[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group--Upcoming gatherings--Oct. & November, 2010, NAB & AMIA, 2011

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 15 16:14:58 CDT 2010

		On Oct 15, 2010, at 11:52 AM, David C. Crosthwait wrote:

 > I recall the New York crew taking us West coast guys to some famous
Philly Cheese Steak place near the Liberty Bell, in some long, slender
building. Anybody know what I am talking about? This was 1983. The
food was either really great or we were starving.

		I offer:

	None of them are really near the Liberty Bell, but that could have
been Jim's on South St not far from the South St. Market.  When we're
in Philly, we prefer Jim's Steaks over Geno's or Pat's.  Geno's and
Pat's are located at a "X" street crossing in South Philly.  One is at
an apex of the "X" while the other is directly opposite on the other
apex.  They stare each other down like Sumo wrestlers.
	Jim's is closer to the Mall and Independence Hall than the other two,
but still not within view of the Liberty Bell site.  Jim's is a corner
storefront with an upstairs dining area.  Neither Geno's and Pat's
have inside dining; they have window service and outdoor seating.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York