[QuadList] Quad Survey--participants requested

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Sep 17 15:48:44 CDT 2010

Some months ago I asked the question "Where are the Quads?"

We had a few answers, and off list I was advised that some folks are
rather private about their collections. I can respect that.

For those who might wish to participate but have their names private
and collection's specific whereabouts somewhat vague, I think we can
accomplish that by saying "Anonymous" and "Los Angeles Area," or
something that might work for you.  Just tell me how much I can say.

So, I pose the question again, in an effort to generate a list
something like what Bobby Ellerbee has done for his camera website here:

http://www.eyesofageneration.com/Survey.php
Scroll down all the way to see specific details about Chuck Pharis'
and the Museum of Broadcast Technology collections.

It would be great if we could create that level of detail, and whether
the machines are in working condition, and whether they are being used
to transfer tape.

If you're engaged in the business of tape transfer, please feel free
to say so.  It can be helpful to people who have transfer needs find
someone near them.

I get e-mail requests from time to time and may not know that there's
someone fairly close to the person asking.

If you can do format conversions, add some detail about that process
(equipment used, etc.)

For example, one of our members in Australia needs a 1" Type C NTSC
transferred and converted to PAL. His asking around hasn't turned up
any NTSC machines in his region, so he might have to send the tape here.

If the Quad machines are part of an institution, it would be
interesting to know a little more about the collections of tape the
machines may be used to migrate... IE "4,231 hours from 1957 to
1985."  Indicate if you're able to take in outside work and whether
you can do so

There's no time limit on participation. I can always add to the list,
and change what's listed as collections grow or change.

You can post on-list if you'd like... or e-mail me directly: ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
.

Hope everyone's having a good day... and enjoys some relaxation over
the weekend... especially if its in the workshop working on something
reel.