[QuadList] Quadvideotapegroup.com web and list hosting--(was Welcome new member Dennis Lusk who is looking for Quad machines)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Sep 15 15:28:35 CDT 2010

Hi, folks....

To put this to rest...  the site and list are hosted on space I pay
for annually. In fact I just paid the bill yesterday.

If someone wants to make a contribution to defray any expense, or when
they make a sale of something through the list, that would be much
appreciated. It's cheaper than ebay and more focused.

The concept expressed above is found on the TIG (Telecine Internet
Group) and another group modeled after it, CML (Cinematographer's
Mailing List). Those lists— to which I subscribe, have supported and
learned from over the years—were what sparked this list.

Beyond that, the site and list are free to all participants in the
interests of documenting and sharing about Quad Recorders, Recording,
Playback, Maintenance, Equipment Design and Tape Preservation,and the
Preservation of Knowledge about these subjects so that knowledge can
be used by new people today or years from now to preserve the content
contained on Quad tapes.
Sharing your experiences working with Quad tapes, recorders, their
quirks and foibles can be very helpful in migrating the thousands of
aging Quad videotapes now just sitting on shelves at archives world-
wide.

Sharing your excess inventory or parts needs with other members on the
list is also helpful to that end.

Hope this clears up any questions.

If any remain, please e-mail me directly (off list) at ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Thanks,

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Quad Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com