[QuadList] PBS and NAB weeks: Some musical things to do that are not expensive

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Apr 6 01:15:58 CDT 2011

Engineers like things that are.... well.... engineered. And Pipe
Organs seem to be on the list.

QuadList charter member Tim Stoffel was telling me just now about a
fantastic organ at UNLV,

a hand-crafted Rudolf von Beckerath instrument containing 3,000 pipes,
in the Doc Rando Recital Hall.

"Google Fingers" got busy and came up with some data:

A quick look at the UNLV music department events link
http://music.unlv.edu/events.html

reveals that students are performing their recitals this week and
next, providing some alternative activities during the afternoon and
evening hours of PBS Engineering Conference and NAB Weeks

I think this is the concert Tim was mentioning on Sunday night...

Apr. 10, 2011
7:30-9:30 pm
Location: DOC RANDO RECITAL HALL
AGO: HANS HIELSCHER, ORGAN

AGO: HANS HIELSCHER, ORGAN
MUS 100 CREDIT: YES
ADMISSION IS FREE

But on Saturday morning, there's this companion:

AGO: ORGAN WORKSHOP, HANS HIELSCHER
Apr. 9, 2011
10-12 pm
Location: DOC RANDO RECITAL HALL
AGO: ORGAN WORKSHOP, HANS HIELSCHEr

AGO: ORGAN WORKSHOP, HANS HIELSCHER
MUS 100 CREDIT: YES
ADMISSION IS FREE
After NAB is over, there are two performances worth investigating:

UNLV Symphonic Winds
Apr. 14, 2011
7:30-9:30 pm
Location: HAM CONCERT HALL
UNLV Symphonic Winds

UNLV Symphonic Winds
MUS 100 CREDIT: NO
ADMISSION: $10, $8, STUDENTS FREE W/ID

UNLV Chamber Chorale Home Concert
Apr. 15, 2011
7:30-9:30 pm
Location: DOC RANDO RECITAL HALL
UNLV Chamber Chorale Home Concert

UNLV Chamber Chorale Home Concert
MUS 100 CREDIT: NO
ADMISSION: $10, $8, STUDENTS FREE W/ID

Could be the perfect way to end a hectic week of floor walking or
booth minding... (and in my case, setup and tear down.)

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com