[QuadList] Ampex AVR-2 Pinch Rollers

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Fri Apr 8 14:48:25 CDT 2011

I am also needing same.  My research has shown that all the Ampex quad
machines used the same pinch roller assembly and I actually have a 2k
roller on my AVR-2 and it is doing fine.  It also appears that Ampex's
methodology of using parts from one product on another would make the
pinch roller on the MM-1200 24 track audio machine the same assembly.
If so, there are a number of people refurbishing or making new ones for
that machine.  Athan made a urethane roller and I was wondering if
anyone has tried them and knows if they still make them?

Bill Spencer

NorthStar Studios, Inc.

3201 Dickerson Pike

Nashville, TN 37207