[QuadList] First microprocessor in a camera or first computersetup????? Iki - RCA?

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 11:40:28 CDT 2011

In message <A899BC88-00F6-4C1C-8F7D-4817E1859D47 at videopark.com>, C. Park
Seward <park at videopark.com> writes
>Bob remembers things as I do.
>
>My 357As did have computer set-up. I think that was before the 47.
>
>Channel 9 in Baton Rouge has 47s and they never looked right. Probably
>operator error.
>
>I marveled at the Marconi camera at the NAB one year when they were
>showing the motorized pots in the camera head. What were they
>thinking???

I changed jobs in 1983, to a company that had just bought Marconi Mk(
cameras. Amongst other errors, they used two different sizes of tube
(25mm for Green and 18mm for Red and Blue) and has a lens which wasn't
down the centre line of the camera.

I was in the workshop with a now deceased colleague who was giving me
the thirty bob tour (My previous experience had all been with the
excellent EMI 2001). Mike invited me to do an automatic line up, and
watch the motorised pots do their thing. When it had finished, and the
camera was far worse than when it started. His only comment was "and
that's why we leave it switched off"

When we later bought Ikegami 323P cameras everybody was loathe
(incorrectly, as it turned out) to use the auto-registration facility,
although the fact that the studio heads were supplied with extended red
tubes and the portables without (despite being specified) WAS an issue
:)
--
If one person has delusions, we call them psychotic. If, however, 1.5 billion
people have delusions we must apparently call them a religious group, and