[QuadList] Weekend Quiz for 4/8/11

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 11 09:58:32 CDT 2011

I had several off-list replies regarding this, and I can't be certain of exactly what was or was not introduced in '62.  The info that I'm using is from the after-convention issue of Broadcast Engineering in May of '62.  According to that publication, the new accessory for RCA was a 1/2-speed kit to allow operation at 7-1/2ips.  For Ampex it was a "greatly simplified and improved" Intersync.  The full text is below.  Note that no mention is made of solid state, so was this an improved version of the tube-type Intersync?  If so, was the solid state version available prior to the VR-2000?