[QuadList] Old Sony 1"

Steve Greene Steve.Greene at nara.gov
Mon Apr 18 15:08:26 CDT 2011

If it's what I'm thinking of, I think they were half-wrap helical machines, similar to 1/2" EIAJ.  If so, probably not compatible at all.

Steve Greene
Archivist
Office of Presidential Libraries
National Archives and Records Administration
(301) 837-1772
>>> lee williams <lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com> 4/18/2011 4:05 PM >>>

Question about old 1" Sony.

Was cleaning out a old storage unit and found 20  Sony 1" tapes that have the old style 3 - 1/4" holes in the center for the reel.

Can this tape be spooled to a newer reel and played on a BVH3000?

I figure that this was probably before the C format.

Just how different were the native Sony formats from what became C?

Thanks.