[QuadList] VR2000 Control Issue

lee williams lasvegastvengineer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 10:33:33 CDT 2011

Thanks Chris,
Appreciate the input.

Was at the client last night and I fired up the machine cold with no tape in it.
For the first 5 minutes, I could hold back the tension arm and press play and the head/capstan would fire up and shut down as normal.
Around 5 minutes, (with no tape running) the head and capstan started up by themselves.

Now this looks like a transistor or capacitor issue.

I powered down and removed the delay card behind the main control panel (not that).
What books I have on the VR2000 indicate that there are 2 switch logic cards somewhere in the unit.
Unfortunately does not say were.

This is my first experience with a 2000, so I guess I am going to learn quickly were everything is.

Thanks for the help - Everybody !

Lee