[QuadList] TV Technology Article/Videos by Rich Diehl

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sat Aug 13 02:27:38 CDT 2011

I was just watching Richard's videos (again) and thought I would share this.

This is from WBBH-TV in 1977.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10064764@N04/6013222249/

I assume this is a TR-60 as it's sitting next to the TCR-100. The gentleman in the photo is Wilbur Wein. I just learned that he passed away in 2003.

This station, when I first visited it in 1984, still had the TCR but instead of the TR-60, there were two TR-70's. B models I believe.

Please have a look at the rest of the pics. You can see some Norelco PC-70's, the TCR and even a old DPS framesync.

In the later pics, the master control switcher is the GVG-1600 that was there when I was there in the late 80's early 90's, but what is the MC switcher in the earlier photos? An RCA I assume. Anyone have a model number?

Saturday August 6th I attended a reunion of WBBH-TV (Waterman Broadcasting) employees and decided to bring my TCR cart. It by itself became the life of the party.
Everyone who knew what it was was amazed to see one again. One guy thought he should have the cart as it had his ex-wife's handwriting on it. (Awkward)

Anyway, I have those photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10064764@N04/sets/72157627249853939/