[QuadList] Video Splicing tape: Properties necessary for safe use?

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Mon Aug 22 19:33:20 CDT 2011

The Smith splicer has a slot wide enough to handle half inch wide tape and the leader tape is thin enough foil and has good enough stickum to splice quad.  My recent need for same was stopped by the $37 a roll price!  If you are really good, I have seen 1/4" audio splicing tape used and the foil tape we used to put on film to get the TP-66 to stop, but 1/2" gives you some leeway.

Bill Spencer
RF Engineering Supervisor
(615) 650-6610
(615) 445-5616 CP