[QuadList] OT: 5.9 Quake 35 miles S of Library of Congress-Culpeper, and 35 NNW of Guy Spiller's TR-70's in Midlothian

John Fletcher jfletcher at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 23 15:46:09 CDT 2011

Ah-ha! That's what it was!

I was outside staining my deck, which extends off the rear of my house
and sits about 10 feet off ground level.  Heard a couple small "creaks"
from my house, and then felt the deck shaking back and forth under me.
Thought it was probably a tremor.  Perceptable, but nothing dangerous
here.

I'm in Harpers Ferry, WV, a little over an hour's drive north of
Culpeper.

I've driven through the small town of Mineral, VA several times on my
way down to visit Guy Spiller.

- John