[QuadList] What to do with 1/2 inch tapes and proc amps

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:24:14 CST 2011

Hi Chris:

Excellent summary!  I can only add that what you describe applies to all non-broadcast formats.

And yes, an "optical TBC" can be a surprisingly good device and can even be equipped with a mirror for noise reduction!  I first learned that when transferring 1/2" pre-EIAJ to quad in about 1969.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com