[QuadList] GRASS VALLEY GROUP 3240 proc amp manual needd andinfo on how ...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Dec 14 15:17:28 CST 2011

We had a 940 series proc amp feeding the cable modulator where I worked in 1976.  We had IVC 800 series 1-inch, a Sony top-loading "consumer" UMatic (1600 series?) machine and a newer JVC solenoid activated UMatic.

It did help stabilize the signals a lot, and we only switched it out if the playback was so bad that the sync generator section couldn't lock up to the incoming video.

For the 3/4" machines it was the only way to ride gain and set pedestal and white levels.

I have several on shelves, and I think I have manuals for some/all of the modules I have.  Fortunately, I have cords with the now uncommon Hubbel twist-lock power connector.

Ted.