[QuadList] Hoarders vs Collectors

Dave Sieg dave at zfx.com
Fri Feb 11 21:53:53 CST 2011

Given my own propensity to collect, ahem, antiquities, I have given the
collector/hoarder axis
a great deal of thought.  Hoarders gather anything and everything, it
doesn't matter whether
its a gum wrapper or a diamond solitaire.  Collectors of the kinds of
antique broadcast gear
this group is interested in usually have it in the same or better kind of
environment it was
meant to be in, and keep it in as good or better repair than when it saw its
originial service.
That is quite a different animal than a hoarder!
Of course now when it comes to the odds and ends spare parts we keep,
fearing that if we
throw it away we'll need it next week.... THAT is another story...
and yes, hoarders do come to mind!
It really comes down to how much real-estate you have to spread your
"collection" around in.
If you have limited space, even pristeen collections tend to look like a
hoard.
If you have acres, it just takes you longer to fill it up!
:)

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM, David Crosthwait <david at dcvideo.com> wrote:

> That is truly funny Ed, but it is true!
>
> David Crosthwait
> DC Video <http://www.dcvideo.com/obsolete-video-formats/2-inch-quad.html>
> *2" Quad transfers and more*
>
> On Feb 11, 2011, at 3:42 PM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
>
>   there is American pickers... but then there is also a hoarders show
> that might apply to some....
>

> --
Dave Sieg, President, ZFx inc.
www.linkedin.com/in/davesieg