[QuadList] Vital... Gainesville

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 10:29:37 CST 2011

We had a 3M/E Vital Switcher and a Vital Router and Vital  Video DA's at
WTVJ...  circa 1973...

Straight out of Gainesville!!  ;-)

I visited the factory...  Interesting  place!!

Don Murray W4WJ
Retired from 40 years of Miami TV Engineering
35+ years at WTVJ NBC O&O

In a message dated 2/25/2011 8:30:49 P.M. Central Standard Time,
DennyD1 at verizon.net writes:

On Feb 25, 2011, at 9:06 AM, David  Crosthwait wrote:

> Vital filled a niche in switcher needs when GVG  and others were too
costly. The Squeeze Zoom was revolutionary,  being used in many a music
video in the early era of MTV style  effects.

I offer:

A  station I worked at, WIS-TV in Columbia, SC had a Vital switcher
(one of Vital's first) in 1975:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/557719816/>

Dennis Degan, Video  Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
NBC Today Show, New  York

Please trim  posts to relevant info when replying!
Send QuadList list posts to  QuadList at quadvideotapegroup.com
Your subscribe, unsubscribe and digest  options are  here:
oup.com