[QuadList] Quad tapes of First SuperBowl found in Pennsylvania attic--Restored

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 5 19:54:27 CST 2011

		On Feb 4, 2011, at 8:58 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Library of Congress Culpeper's Steven Leggett pointed the AMIA -
List to the story on Wall Street Journal on-line.
<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704709304576124373773290508.html

 > Seems the tapes were recorded on Quad at WDAU-TV in Scranton/Wilkes
Barre, PA by an employee there, and then stored in an attic.  They
were found in 2005, and restored by the Paley Center.
 > There are short clips and stills from the tape in the WSJ online
story.

		I say:

	Wow, that's great.  It's been known for some time that recordings of
SB I were not saved by the networks (this was the only SB game aired
on TWO networks at the same time).

	  					NBC Today Show, New York