[QuadList] TRT-1 and TR-3 available!

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 08:59:59 CST 2011

The TR-3 was the player only version of the TR-4.  It was a mono only
machine with no monitoring.  Even the ATC was extra.  Perhaps an RCA  person can
tell us if any were ever shipped with out the ATC.  It could be  upgraded
to a TR-4 by adding the monitor half rack.  That also allowed you  to add
record electronics and make it into a TR-4.

It was a lower cost machine that a lot of stations used for play  only.
Since that is what most machines did.  The biggest drawback in  my opinion was
that RCA did not have High Band in the TR-3, 4, and 22  series.  Then the
conversion kit never had the good quality that he  VR-2000, and the TR-70
produced.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

In a message dated 2/8/2011 9:49:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,